Our hot wings are pretty simple really. We make a cajun rub for the chicken wings, bung them in the oven until golden and crisp and then slather them in blue cheese sauce and hot sauce. You could easily do these on the BBQ too.
Blue cheese sauce
125g greek yoghurt
25g polish mustard
a pinch of sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a bowl or a tub.
- Blend together until smooth using the stick blender or blend all ingredients in a food processor.
Cajun spice rub for chicken
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
1 1/4 teaspoons dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
1. Simply mix all of these together very thoroughly
And for the wings…
- Buy your self as many good quality chicken wings as you think you can handle (lets say 20!)
- Heavily season chicken wings with Cajun spice mix.
- Place in an oven at 180 degrees for 45 minutes or until skin is crisp.
- Toss in your favorite buffalo style hot wing sauce (ours is franks) www.franksredhot.com/.
- Douse in blue cheese dressing.
- Serve with celery to cool those taste buds.